Given the rapidly changing situations and the current awful circumstances, the government has rightly advised against all non-essential travel. It is therefore imperative that you take into account every directive issued by the government as you work a way out with your dog breeder.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the government has put in measures that everyone must comply with.
So, how do you work with your dog breeder even as you comply with the government’s directives?
Well, let’s dig in.
Here is how to deal with the coronavirus concerns
I don’t think it’s a case of doing away with breeding, but changing the way we usually do things. But really, how do you ensure you are in contact with your dog breeder without violating the rules?
Here is what you should do with your dog during the pandemic:
- If you already have a litter of Golden Retriever puppies, you can stay in contact by phone, email, and video calls. You can as well send photos.
- You can use all the technological tools available to vet buyers. They include Facetime and teleconferencing. “That way, I can see them and talk to them and see their body
language. If someone wants to see where the puppies were raised, we can do a virtual tour of my house” says Skou, a Breeder Field representative.
- Dressing up your puppies in different hats, wigs, and costumes. It is another way to bring “new” people into your puppies’ lives without bringing in strangers.
Below are suggested safety measures for breeders.
- Ensure you book appointments to see a puppy. While at it, make sure you limit the number of puppies shown.
- Have a prior discussion with the customer. Make them know what to expect when they come.
- As a health measure, get to know from your client if they have anyone in their family who has flu, cold, or allergy symptoms.
- Do not restrict yourself to a small room. Do the transaction outside where there is a large space.
- Try to limit physical contact with the customer.
This might be a new way of doing things. We may not even welcome strangers in the near future. However, that may the only way we can ensure safety for our dog breeders and families.
Are you looking for reliable golden retrievers in Utah? Sierra Golden Retrievers are the breeders to come to your rescue at this moment.